Website Bass Pro Shops
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Springfield, MO, United States|
|Company||Bass Pro Shops|
Bass Pro Shops is an outdoor and conservation company. It specializes in retail, hunting, sporting goods, fishing, outdoor recreation, camping, conservation, and backpacking.
The company is seeking a welding engineer with robust welding knowledge, be self-motivated, able to work well with others, and have the ability to utilize both technology and engineering principles to overcome challenging obstacles.
- The prospective candidates should have completed a welding program i.e. Associate of Applied Science Welding Engineering or Welding Engineering Technology from a welding school.
- B.S. Welding Engineering or Welding Engineering Technology is preferred.
- Not required but preferred – a Certified Welding Inspector or Certified Welding Supervisor
- Associates of Applied Science degree with 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor of Science degree with 2+ years of experience
- Robotic welding experience is strongly preferred
- Assist in the procurement of new manufacturing equipment
- Develop and maintain weld procedure specifications and process qualification records as needed for welding processes at the manufacturing facilities
- Participate in new product development and design to advise on welding feasibility/best practices
- Stay up to date on new processes and technology (training, certification, trade shows, etc.)
- Support plants as needed to facilitate production goals
- Ability to work on solo projects as well as within a team
- Able to manage the time and schedule while handling multiple concurrent projects with limited oversight.
- Excellent communication skills to bridge the gap between corporate leadership and plant welding operations
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office software suite
- Proven history working with the following applications i.e. Aluminum GMAW, Aluminum GTAW, Galvanized Steel GMAW, Plasma Cutting (Steel and Aluminum), and Laser Cutting (Steel and Aluminum)
- Solid understanding of GD&T
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class resorts, and conservation attractions.
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Bass Pro Shops Cares Fund
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and Disability Benefits
- Medical and Dental
- Paid Holidays and Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Vision and Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Benefits
- Occasional over/multi-night travel will be required for training and new equipment buy-off activities
- The outfitter will regularly make day trips to the manufacturing facilities.
- Overnight travel time estimated at 10% but could deviate slightly
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. The hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit basspro.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.