Website American Honda Motor Company
Welding Engineer (Experienced) Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Engineer (Experienced)|
|Location||Marysville, OH, United States|
|Company||American Honda Motor Company|
American Honda Motor Company is a North American subsidiary of Honda Motor Company. The company combines product sales, service, and coordinating functions of Honda in North America.
It is responsible for the distribution, marketing, and sales of Honda and Acura brand automobiles, Honda power sports products, including motorcycles, scooters, and all-terrain vehicles, and Honda power equipment products, including lawnmowers, tillers, string trimmers, snow blowers, generators, small-displacement general-purpose engines, and marine outboard engines.
The company is searching for a Welding Engineer who will ensure white body structural integrity by establishing and leading systems to develop, implement and sustain joining processes through New Model and Mass Production to achieve product specification while ensuring continuous improvement of Safety, Environment, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Morale (SEQDCM) characteristics.
Develop and maintain weld condition optimization for Resistance Spot Weld (RSW) and Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) welds. Produce New Model Quality documentation for weld-specific information. Install and maintain new welding technology and equipment.
- The applicants should have Bachelor’s Degree in Welding Engineering from a college/university or equivalent related experience.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 to 8 years of experience based on education, prefer higher experience.
- Control, investigate, and make proposals of specs for joining equipment needs (in areas of new equipment, consumables, joining hardware, spare parts, preventative maintenance, and inspection technologies) and act as liaison to vendor(s) to optimize and standardize joining equipment.
- Create and maintain weld quality reporting and documentation for the department to manage daily production and compliance.
- Develop a thorough understanding and apply engineering standards, specifications/drawing, and Honda quality systems and methods to hold accountability, prevent outflow, and ensure compliance.
- Develop and implement control strategies to ensure compliance of joining, formulated and sub materials, calibrated instruments, and documentation
- Develop testing and procedures for quality verification and inspection to prevent shipment of nonconforming products.
- Lead and/or actively participate in department initiatives such as business plan, loss elimination, knowledge share/transfer, continuous improvement, and engagement.
- Maintain regular communication with other facilities, reduce duplicate workload, and collaborate on global joining activity.
- Make, update and revise training material for joining processes and conduct training to improve department skill level.
- Meet requirements of new model development and maturation (parameter development, destruct /countermeasure, quality standard sheets, drawing review, feasibility studies, and build support) to achieve milestone targets and smooth launch.
- Optimize usage of joining sub materials to reduce department operating expenses while maintaining product and manufacturing characteristics.
- Provide engineering technical knowledge to manage non-conforming product evaluation, execution, and containment to minimize impact to plant operations or customers.
- Basic engineering math and measurement
- Experience with manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with 6-axis welding robots (Fanuc and Motoman)
- Good communicator
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing
- Knowledge of resistance spot and arc welding theory
- Laboratory measurement experience
- Problem-solving skills
- Read and understand mechanical drawings and work in a CAD environment
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- Competitive total compensation
- Development to further your career
- Discount on Honda products
- Flexible and valuable insurance plans
- Onsite automobile service center and wellness center
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
American Honda Motor Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit hondana.taleo.net.