Welding Engineer II Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Engineer II|
|Location||Kansas City, MO, United States|
Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy.
The company is seeking a Welding Engineer II to join its team.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor of Science Degree from an ABET-accredited Engineering program OR
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics from an accredited college/university
- Possess 2 years of applied experience in engineering or technical activities
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Welding, Metallurgical, Materials Science, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program
- Experience performing welding engineering or metal product processing
- Experience using and developing weld procedures for EBW, LBW, GTAW, Resistance Welding, or Furnace Processes
- Research and development experience in welding processes or welding metallurgy
- Apply technical engineering skillset to analyze process efficiency, troubleshoot defects, perform quality control functions, and drive cost savings
- Develop robust and repeatable joining procedures for high precision components using Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), Electron Beam Welding (EBW), Laser Beam Welding (LBW), Resistance Welding, and Vacuum Furnace Brazing
- Evaluate, apply, and develop complex welding specifications in cooperation with the customer
- Performs Welding Engineering duties to support daily welding operations
- Present technical reports and communicate technical directly to customer subject matter experts
- Writes weld qualification reports, weld procedure specifications, and work instructions
- Ability to quickly adapt to new processes and materials
- Demonstrated ability to create and edit complex engineering and process equipment software
- Strong desire to drive advancements in welding technology and processes
- Technical understanding of stainless-steel welding metallurgy
- US citizenship is required in order to obtain and maintain US Department of Energy “Q” level security clearance
- Ensure your financial well-being
- Help you beyond the office door
- Physical and behavioral well-being
Honeywell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.