Welding Engineer (Levels II/III, Senior, Tech Spec IV, Plant Support) Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Engineer- Levels II/III, Senior, Tech Spec IV, Plant Support|
|Location||Killona, LA, United States|
Entergy is creating a cleaner, more resilient energy future for everyone with its diverse power generation portfolio, including increasingly carbon-free energy sources. The company is a recognized leader in corporate citizenship, delivering more than $100 million in economic benefits to local communities through philanthropy and advocacy efforts annually over the last several years.
- The applicants should have a B.S. Degree in Engineering from an accredited engineering curriculum or Graduate of an accredited engineering technology curriculum of accepted standing or equivalent work experience.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 6 years engineering experience indicative of growth in engineering competency and achievement required.
- Work experience of 0 to 5 years in nuclear code programs or equivalent experience in operations or system engineering.
Engineer II – 2+ years of experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level
Engineer III – 4+ years of experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level
Engineer Sr. – 6+ years of experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level
Tech Spec IV – 6+ years of experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent
- Responsible for overall Welding and R&R Code Program owner duties for the four plants in Entergy’s southern nuclear fleet.
- Ensures that all welding and repair/replacement activities are implemented consistent with the applicable ASME XI codes and standards and Regulatory requirements. This individual should have knowledge of ASME XI code and experience in implementing code programs or equivalent experience with welding and repairs at a nuclear power plant.
- Nuclear experience is preferred, however engineers with equivalent experience in welding and R&R at non-nuclear plants should also consider applying.
- Responsible to interface with the site Welding and R&R engineers, support plant outages, interface with the regulatory agencies as required, communicate concerns and issues to management, and produces quality engineering products in support of code program implementation.
- Maintain conformance with station license, codes and standards.
- Required to develop, plan and coordinate and implement special projects, corrective action plans, and improvement programs to address plant problems/regulatory concerns or enhance/standardize program implementation.
- Ensure fleet lessons/operational experiences and good practices are reviewed and shared uniformly among applicable Entergy sites.
- Unescorted Nuclear Plant Access and travel to the nuclear power plants is a requirement of the position.
- Knowledgeable in code program requirements for nuclear power plants.
- Must be skilled in the use of Microsoft desktop software.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding communication, conflict management, and change management skills.
- Skilled at system analysis
- Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operation.
- Associate Degree in Welding Technology with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- At least 10 years of experience without an engineering degree.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline (other than welding engineering) with at least 5 years of relevant experiences.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Welding Engineering with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- SRO license or certification on a PWR or BWR; Professional Engineering license (desired)
Entergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority, Female, Disability or Vets.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.entergy.com.