Website Blackhawk Technical College
Welding & Fabrication Instructor Job Highlights
|Title||Welding & Fabrication Instructor|
|Type||Full Time (faculty)|
|Location||Milton, WI, United States|
|Company||Blackhawk Technical College|
Blackhawk Technical College delivers innovative education to enrich diverse communities. The college offers education and training that is a catalyst for change in Rock and Green Counties, featuring future-driven educational delivery platforms and high-impact programs that improve lives.
The technical college is looking for a Welding Instructor who can provide instruction within our Welding Program in the Flexible Delivery Format. This position will report directly to the Dean of Manufacturing, Apprenticeship, Technology, and Transportation.
- The aspiring applicants should have completed an Associate Degree in Welding or Journey-worker within Welding.
- Current American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) and/or Certified Welding Educator (CWE) desired.
- Minimum of two years (4,000 hours) of occupational experience within the engineering-related field of which at least one year (2,000 hours) shall be within five years prior to the date of appointment.
- Experienced in GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, SMAW, OFC, PAC, and CAG.
- Experienced in fabrication equipment operation. (e.g. band saw, shear, manual, vertical/horizontal press brake, metal shaping, etc.)
Note: One year (2,000 hours) of related occupational experience may be waived if the occupational instructor has at least two years of post-secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within five years prior to the date of appointment (two years of post-secondary teaching experience means eight semesters of part-time teaching or four semesters of full-time teaching at an accredited institution).
- Collaborate with Business, Industry, and Secondary Education to ensure the development of high-quality students for professions within the Welding and Fabrication Industry.
- Collaborate with instructors, advisors, and staff in a team effort to help drive student success in the new teaching and learning environments.
- Develop curricula, assessments, lab projects, and assess other materials, enhancing this student-centered flexible technological learning approach, including online, face-to-face, and project-centered lab environments.
- Lead instruction and student assessment, ensuring students are working toward the competencies of defined course and program learning outcomes.
- Metal Fabrication experience desired.
- Previous post-secondary education experience and/or technical writing skills.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance and basic repairs on welding and fabrication equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for 4+ hours.
US$ 46,517.00/Yr. – US$ 58,146.00/Yr.
Blackhawk Technical College is an Equal Opportunity, Access, Affirmative Action Employer and Educator.
To apply for this job please visit careers-blackhawk.icims.com.