Website Waste Management
Welding Fabrication Supervisor Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Fabrication Supervisor|
|Location||Compton, CA, United States|
Waste Management is a leading provider of integrated environmental solutions. The company makes partnerships with customers and communities to manage and reduce waste from collection to disposal while recovering valuable resources and creating clean, renewable energy.
The company is seeking a Welding Fabrication Supervisor who will manage and provide daily leadership for the container facility while maintaining company service and safety standards.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited college or university.
- The candidates should have 4 years of relevant work experience (in addition to educational requirements).
- Assigns duties and organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities.
- Communicates and enforces company policies and procedures and all safety programs.
- Determines training needs and provides training to new and/or lesser experienced employees.
- Monitors and evaluates departmental performance and productivity; identify operational issues and process improvements, and implements strategies to improve performance.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including coaching, training, discipline, and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Provides day-to-day supervision and support to facility staff.
- Purchases or oversees purchasing of materials, and compiles financial information for the purchase of capital assets.
- Schedules delivery of containers and coordinates swaps of containers.
- Direct supervision of full-time employees that includes mechanics, welders, drivers/operators, technicians.
- Production, procurement, equipment repair, transfer station, technical, mechanical, safety, and environmental skills, and supervisory/management skills required.
- The company offers a competitive total compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability, Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.
Waste Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority, Female, Disability, and Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wm.com.