Website Consolidated Machine & Tool
Welding/Fabrication Supervisor Job Highlights
|Location||Anaheim, CA, United States|
|Company||Consolidated Machine & Tool (CMT)|
Consolidated Machine & Tool (CMT) manufactures parts and equipment for various industries including defense, aerospace, military, space, satellite, and industrial. The company’s capabilities include welding, fabrication, CNC machining, aerospace support equipment, ground support equipment structures/stands, and complex assemblies.
The company is seeking a candidate to be responsible for organizing, coordinating, and supervising employees and activities within the fabrication department. The position has to ensure an effective and efficient fabrication operation that meets safety, quality, and production standards.
The applicants should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Production Management, Mechanical Engineering, or something similar from a welding school.
- The candidates should have 5 years of minimum supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer-literate with experience using e-mail and word processing applications (Microsoft Office).
- Assigns work to department personnel to attain department objectives using knowledge of production processes, company policies, production schedules, work orders, equipment capacity, and employee capabilities.
- Establishes and controls procedures to meet production schedules.
- Establish and control procedures to ensure the production of conforming fabricated assembly components.
- Establishes and monitors cost control systems to achieve department budget objectives.
- Evaluates employee performance and accountability.
- Facilitates and promotes company policy and the company Quality Improvement program within all department workgroups.
- May be exposed to excessive noise, welding gases and fumes, and varying weather conditions.
- Monitors and controls established procedures to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Provides objective feedback for continued employee growth.
- Responsible for compliance with safety and housekeeping requirements.
- Provides training, support, direction, and guidance to department personnel to continually develop their work habits, job skills, and safety practices.
- Readily perceives and effectively responds to schedules and product flows essential to supervising highly productive, cost-effective, quality-oriented manufacturing operations.
- Set department goals and develop an outline for achievement.
- Recommends and initiates improvements to production processes, to increase manufacturing efficiency.
- Recommends and/or administers personnel actions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- To work overtime as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to learn and understand the software and complete transactions pertaining to fabrication or welding operations, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Read and interpret the welding process according to AWS and ASME section IX.
- Demonstrates ability to supervise diverse workgroups in a team environment using effective listening, coaching, training, investigative and problem-solving skills, ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and effective time management in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Proficient in structural/vessel fitting, MIG, Flux Core, TIG, Sub-arc welding, and similar equipment.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to manipulate tools and assembly components involving fine and gross motor skills sufficient to demonstrate welding job tasks.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, reach, kneel, twist, pull, push, grip, and climb.
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment required.
- Ability to understand and apply workplace safety procedures.
The pay range for this position is between $50,000 – $70,000 per year depending on experience.
Benefits and Perks
Our comprehensive benefits package includes, but is not limited to, a competitive pay rate, accrued vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, dental, and vision insurance as well as Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance. Employee Only Dental coverage, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance are employer-paid.
We are a drug-free workplace, Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, or ancestry, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
To apply for this job please visit www.cmth.com.