Welding/Fabrication Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Windsor, CT, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Electrical Group is seeking a Welding & Fabrication Technician who will lay out, make templates, cut off, punch, drill/tap, and weld.
Load steel into machines to cut, form or bend to various configurations, operating machinery including punch/laser machine, press brake, manual shear, powered industrial vehicles as requested. Offload excess steel material.
Must wear proper steel fabrication PPE, such as steel-toe shoes, safety glasses, material handling gloves, ear protection, and long sleeve shirt or cut-resistant slip-on.
Must have experience welding aluminum extrusions and stainless steel sheet metal.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 2 years of previous welding experience with aluminum and sheet metal (carbon/stainless steel)
- Be familiar with all materials used to perform job functions. Follow material safety data sheet instructions.
- Input information into the data collection system as required.
- Perform routine maintenance on machineries such as oiling, manual clamp adjustments, and clamp/finger replacement
- Support work assignments from supervisor or production control system.
- Use material handling equipment, including powered industrial vehicles, to move products and supplies. May lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and push or pull up to 100 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
- Utilize calipers, gauges, or other measuring devices to assure engineering standards to the .001 precision level.
- Work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret various fabrication drawings
- Experience with precision measuring devices such as; calipers, OD/ID and depth gauges, and other measuring devices
- Previous experience running bend, punch, cutoff, shear, and ironworker machining centers
- Previous experience using overhead cranes and forklifts to move material.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Wellness programs
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Must reside within a 50-mile radius from the work site
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.