Website Bechtel Corporation
Welding Field Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Field Engineer|
|Location||Oak Ridge, TN, United States|
Bechtel is trusted engineering, construction, and project management partner to industry and government. The corporation serves the infrastructure; nuclear, security, and environmental; energy; and mining and metals markets. The services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
The company is seeking a Welding Field Engineer who will be assigned to the Construction organization and responsible for supporting field supervision and craft personnel with welding and NDE technical guidance and performing and documenting welding inspections and NDE for the UPF Project.
For Level 1
- Bachelor’s Degree (college/university) and 6 years of professional related work experience, or (in lieu of degree, 12 years of progressive, related work experience)
For Level 2
- Bachelor’s Degree and 9 years of professional related work experience, or (in lieu of degree, 15 years of progressive, related work experience)
- Possess years of related experience must include the visual examination method
- Ability to generate and review nuclear quality welding documentation.
- Candidates should be self-starters, highly motivated, require little supervision, and able to work well in a team environment.
- Current or previous Level II in visual examination or CWI required
- Knowledge and experience of DOE, DOD, or commercial nuclear construction projects is required.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s “Zero Accidents” safety program.
- Knowledge of environmental compliance standards required on NNSA/DOE projects.
- The candidate should have a good working knowledge of welding codes and standards such as ASME, AWS, ASTM as well as NQA-1 requirements.
- Current Level II NDE certifications (MT, PT, RT, etc.)
- Experience generating welding documentation on a DOE, DOD, or commercial nuclear construction project
- Experience reviewing welding documentation on a DOE, DOD, or commercial nuclear construction project
- Experience welding austenitic stainless steel (Type 304L, 316L, 347, AL-6XN) and nickel alloys (Inconel, Ni-200)
- Experience with NDE subcontractor coordination (Including interfacing with radiation protection personnel (e.g. RADCON)
- Familiarity with nuclear quality and commercial practice standards is desired.
- Working knowledge of the Bechtel Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPPs) and the related Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs).
- Coordinate with Engineering/Field Engineering to resolve issues.
- Disbursal and control of welding filler materials for all on-site welding.
- Generate documentation to support project welding and NDE activities.
- Maintain the highest level of safety awareness and ensure all tasks are completed to the highest safety standards.
- May be required to work overtime based on project needs.
- May be required to work a second shift based on project needs.
- Perform and document in-process and final visual weld inspections for all crafts on a continual basis to ensure quality and conformance to project specifications, procedures, codes, and standards.
- Perform technical reviews of subcontractor NDE submittals (NDE procedures, certifications, etc.)
- Performing reviews of welding documentation for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with project procedures, specifications, and applicable codes and standards.
- Provide oversight and technical direction for NDE subcontractor.
- Provide oversight and technical direction for on-site welding and NDE.
- Working with Field Welding Engineers, QC, and Field Engineers to address any errors in documentation accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check, including verification of employment, education, and travel.
- Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to a work site.
- Must be physically capable to conduct field inspections and participate in project walk-downs which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in very small and/or confined spaces, and lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Must be a US Citizen
- The company values the health and welfare of its colleague and their families around the world. The benefits vary from country to country, based on local, practices, customs, and statutory conditions.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bechtel.com.