Welding II (Plant Welding Technician) Job Highlights
|Welding II (Plant Welding Technician)
|Steele, AL, United States
Arcosa provides infrastructure-related products and solutions with leading brands serving engineered structures, construction, and transportation markets.
The company is recruiting a Plant Welding Technician (welding II) who will provide the utility pole manufacturing plant with welding and technical support such as welding process trouble-shooting, welding process improvement, and procedure and code conformance.
The position will have strong hands-on welding skills, visual weld inspection experience, and experience using welding procedure specifications.
- The applicants should have obtained an Associate Degree or Associate in Welding from a college/university
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) is desired
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of FCAW, SAW, and SMAW welding experience
- Assist in qualifying welding procedure specifications as required.
- Evaluate, propose, and implement welding process improvements to increase welding efficiency and quality.
- Participate in Internal improvement teams/other duties as required.
- Perform routine tasks such as maintaining welder continuity, welding equipment calibration, and flux over logs.
- Perform welding training on the shop floor and in a classroom setting as required.
- Provide welding support to production welders, supervisors, and other plant personnel.
- Troubleshoot welding techniques and routine equipment issues.
- Able to read and comprehend welding symbols, welding procedure specifications, work instructions, drawings bill materials, etc.
- Able to work 2nd Shift
- Effectively present information to work with shop floor personnel, suppliers, and customers.
- Possess written and oral communication skills. Bilingual (Spanish) desired
- Proficient in using various weld inspection tools such as amp/volt/wire feed/gas flow meters, fillet weld gauges, undercut gages, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of AWS D1.1 welding procedure specification
- Working knowledge of weld filler materials and base materials.
Arcosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.