Welding Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada|
Ledcor Group of Companies is one of the most diversified construction companies, serving the building, heavy industrial, civil and infrastructure, mining, pipeline, power, and communications sectors. Ledcor also owns operations in aviation, forestry, marine transportation services, property investment, and wastewater treatment.
The company is looking to hire a Welding Inspector who will monitor field Welding activities including bevel prep, pre-heat temperature, fit up, electrode size and type, travel speed, voltage, amperage, and heat input fall within the parameter range listed within the Welding Procedure Specification (WPS).
- Applicants should have a CWB Level 2 or Higher Certification (preferred)
- Technical knowledge and understanding of CSA Z662, ASME B31.3, and industry best practices.
- Possess 5+ years of related work experience or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Collaborate with Operations and provide input on the Quality requirements for the development of Detailed Execution Plans; clearly identifying the required inspections, hold points, tests, and required documentation.
- Communicate the requirements of the ITPs (Inspection and Test Plans)
- Ensure non-conforming work is being managed in accordance with the project quality issues reporting procedure.
- Ensure Quality Records are maintained for System turnover
- Ensure welding reports are signed off by the client prior to filing for turnover
- Ensures all Inspection and Testing equipment is managed in accordance with the equipment calibration requirements.
- Identify Non-conformances to the Project QA/QC supervisor
- Provides input to the development of Ledcor’s quality program
- Provides input to the development of the project quality plan
- Review inspection and testing results for conformity to requirements
- Able to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and make sound decisions using standard procedures.
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style, and persuading others in straightforward situations.
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written, and electronic form.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office.
- Willing to contribute actively to team activities, sharing experiences and ideas.
- Site based position
- Camp based position
- Modified 6/1 schedule equivalent to a 3/1
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ledcor.com.