Website E2 Consulting Engineers
Welding Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||Collinsville, IL, United States|
|Company||E2 Consulting Engineers|
E2 Consulting Engineers is a professional services firm that specializes in a full spectrum of engineering services including, project engineering and design, federal base operations, and infrastructure support services, gas pipeline construction and inspection services, environmental consulting and remediation, and information technology services.
The company is looking for a Welding Inspector who will assure proper welding procedures are qualified and utilized, radiographers are certified, welders are qualified, sound welds are produced, and proper documentation is maintained to include MTRs, detailed as-builts, and weld mapping.
These activities must be performed in accordance with the appropriate Company specifications and the approved construction drawings.
- The applicants should be an American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector (AWS CWI or SCWI).
- The candidates require 3 to 5+ years of pipeline construction or inspection experience (a combination of experience is acceptable).
- Knowledge and experience pertaining to the skillset required to build/install natural gas transmission pipeline facilities.
- Knowledge of codes and standards including API 1104, ASME B 31.8, NACE and SSPC
- Assure a welding procedure is established and each welder is qualified for the work he is performing.
- Assure all welding materials are of proper type and quality, they have been stored according to manufacturers’ specifications, and damaged materials are not used in the welding of the pipe.
- Assure any design changes or material substitutions are discussed with the Construction Manager, Chief Inspector, and proper Company approval is obtained.
- Assure the repairs made to correct defects in a pipe weld sufficiently corrected the defect and the weld satisfies the requirements as outlined by the appropriate codes and Company specifications.
- Be familiar with the approved construction drawings and Company specifications.
- Completing and submitting applicable inspection reports that accurately describe the work performed on the project. in a manner such that the welds inspected may subsequently be identified per current standards.
- Have a basic understanding of welding techniques, welding positions, welding consumables, weld preparation, and welding drawing requirements. Maintaining a detailed inspector’s logbook.
- Keep the Chief Inspector aware of any daily problems or anticipated problems with the project.
- Monitor the quality of the welds being made to assure sound welds are being made at all joints.
- Plan and organize inspection duties in advance.
- Possess an understanding of the relationship between quality assurance, quality control, and inspection procedures
- Taking a proactive approach to safety on the job site and reporting safety issues to the Construction Manager, Chief Inspector, and Safety Inspector.
- Understanding the Contract document as it relates to his or her duties on the project.
- Verify all materials used in the installation are in compliance with Company requirements.
- Weld Inspector may be assigned additional duties and responsibilities relating to pipeline construction inspection observation and documentation as appropriate.
- Ability to perform a visual inspection of construction crew quality of work; using measuring devices; or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Able to perform in both inside and outside environmental conditions in all four seasons throughout the continental United States – extreme cold (temperatures below 32° Fahrenheit) or extreme heat (temperatures above 100° Fahrenheit) for periods of more than one hour.
- Client testing facility (occasionally)
- Construction Sites or Client Right-of-Way (R.O.W.)
- Corporate office (occasionally)
- Frequent ascending and descending of ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms up in and out of pipeline bell-hole / trench/excavation.
- Lifting objects in excess of 50 pounds from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- May require extensive driving to reach job sites or client/E2 offices.
- Please no solicitation of any kind from agencies, staffing, or recruiting firms.
- The company offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match.
E2 Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers-e2.icims.com.