Welding Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||Burnaby, BC, Canada|
Ledcor Group of Companies is one of the most diversified construction companies, serving the building, heavy industrial, civil and infrastructure, mining, pipeline, power, and communications sectors. Ledcor also owns operations in aviation, forestry, marine transportation services, property investment, and wastewater treatment.
The company is seeking a Welding Inspector who will be responsible for performing, supervising, and coordinating day-to-day activities related to Inspections related to piping and structural steel installation.
This includes completing structural and welding inspections, document/procedure management, validating related quality processes and assisting the Segment Quality Manager with the implementation of quality procedures.
You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
- The applicants should have CWB Level 1 or higher Certification
- The candidates should have 5+ years of related work experience or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Technical knowledge and understanding of CSA Z662, ASME B31.3, ASME Section IX, and industry best practices
- Collaborate with Construction Team and provide input on the Quality requirements for the development of Detailed Execution Plans; clearly identifying the required inspections, hold points, tests, and required documentation.
- Ensure non-conforming work is being managed in accordance with the project quality issues reporting procedure
- Ensure Quality Records are maintained and organized for System turnover
- Ensure welding reports are complete prior to filing for turnover
- Ensures all Inspection and Testing equipment is managed in accordance with the equipment calibration requirements.
- Identify Non-conformances to the Segment Quality Manager
- Manage and maintain Quality Document Logs (Weld logs, Material Logs, etc) Review of ASME Section IX Welding Procedures
- Monitor 3rd Party inspection and testing
- Monitors the project schedule to ensure inspection and testing activities are completed to support operation requirements
- Provides input to the development of Ledcor’s quality program
- Provides input to the development of the project quality plan
- Review inspection and testing results for conformity to requirements
- Reviews documents for compliance with contract quality requirements and monitors quality performance
- Strong understanding of nondestructive examination techniques
- Work with the construction team to communicate the requirements of the ITPs (Inspection and Test Plans)
- Able to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and make sound decisions using standard procedures
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style, and persuading others in straightforward situations
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written, and electronic form
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office
- Willing to contribute actively to team activities, sharing experiences and ideas
Ledcor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ledcor.com.