Website TRC Companies
Welding Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||Providence, RI, United States|
TRC Companies is a global consulting firm providing environmentally advanced and technology-powered solutions for the oil and gas, power, and infrastructure markets.
The company is seeking a Certified Welding Inspectors (CWI) who will perform quality assurance inspection to support projects with various DOT and commercial clients.
The prospective candidate must be proficient in structural steel fabrication, including non-destructive testing and application of coatings.
One assignment also requires a NACE 1 (minimum) certification
- The applicants should be an American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) and that will be duly verified through aws.org
- The candidates should have 3 years minimum project experience with structural steel fabrication
- Ability to work closely with other fabrication, construction and quality personnel in a courteous and professional manner
- Attend prefabrication meetings as required
- Communicate work progress regularly to Project Manager and supervisors
- Complete and distribute written technical reports describing the inspections performed and work progress.
- Familiarity and experience with primarily AASHTO/AWS D1.5 Bridge Welding (and/or AASHTO/AWS D1.1 Structural welding).
- Perform full Visual (VT) Testing inspection per applicable code requirements.
- Perform third party DOT structural steel fabrication quality assurance inspection and reporting.
- Read and interpret shop drawings, specifications and project special provisions to verify compliance to material quality
- Sampling construction materials for testing when required
- Utilize applicable ASTM and AASHTO construction specifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
-Competently utilize MS Word for reporting.
-Use of e-mail, digital photographs for reporting
- Ability to travel domestically for short periods to material fabrication facilities
- Good Driving Record (driver license will be verified
- Coatings experience (primarily galvanizing and painting).
-NACE 1 required for one open position in addition to CWI.
- Pass pre-hire drug screening/testing
- Previously, currently or otherwise experienced in nondestructive testing (NDT) preferred in the following methods:
-Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
-Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
-Dye Penetrant Testing (PT)
TRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.trccompanies.com.