Website The Refrigeration School
Welding Instructor Job Highlights
|Location||Phoenix, AZ, United States|
|Company||The Refrigeration School|
The Refrigeration School provides high-quality education and training for air conditioning and refrigeration technicians.
The school is looking for a Welding Instructor who can facilitate student learning, not only helping the students achieve their program and course objectives but guiding them as they shape their future in the industry.
Our instructors organize all aspects of the classroom function, including cleanliness, safety, demonstration materials, and lecture. Further, to administer lessons following a pre-developed lesson plan, leading your students through the practical, hands-on application of the lessons you teach.
- The aspiring applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- The candidates should have a minimum required years of field experience, dependent upon the region.
- You will communicate, support, and enforce school policies and procedures at all times, and advise students accordingly
- During periods of testing, you will ensure an ethical and fair testing environment
- Responsible for maintaining classroom equipment through evaluation, inspection, parts ordering, and repair.
- It is important to communicate promptly regarding supplies, tools, or other essentials needed for students in the classroom.
- To manage all tools assigned to the classroom. You will issue, inspect, repair, and teach proper handling of the tools
- Attending our semi-annual graduation ceremonies; attendance is mandatory for our instructors.
- To create and maintain a safe environment at all times.
- Maintains a working field knowledge through continuing education and demonstrates continuing professional development of your technical expertise, and as an instructor.
- You will conform to prescribed methods of record-keeping, as directed by supervisory staff.
- To maintain accurate record keeping, as it applies to student attendance and their grades, and you will advise students on their attendance, grades, and discipline issues, as necessary
- You will use your experience to constantly evaluates the curriculum to ensure continuing relevancy
Note: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Additional Admin Duties
- Curriculum Development
- Instructor Training and Development
- Maintenance of Appropriate Learning Environment
- Peer Review and Feedback
- Personal Professional Development
- Personnel Issues
- Printed Material, Classroom Supplies, and Tools
- Safety Program
- Serve as Assistant Instructor as Necessary
- Special Student Assistance
- Student Issues
- Time Commitment
Note: Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- May stand for long periods of time
- Work may be completed in a classroom or shop environment
- Expect wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock
- Please be aware that stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required
- Required to use calculators, keyboards, telephones, and other office equipment as needed
- Sometimes be required to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds
- 10 Paid holidays
- 2 weeks PTO- 1st yr.
- 401(k) employer match
- Basic Life Insurance – Company Paid
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance, and other optional insurance plans
- Short/Long-Term Disability – Company Paid
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Your Birthday off – Company Paid
The Refrigeration School, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.