Website Tulsa Welding School and Technology Center
Welding Instructor Job Highlights
|Location||Tulsa, OK, United States|
|Company||Tulsa Welding School|
Tulsa Welding School was founded in 1949 due to the strong demand for skilled tradesmen in the industry. Tulsa Welding School and Technology Center in Houston opened its campus in 2014 offering a Welding Specialist and Welding Specialist with Pipefitting program. The school trains the graduates for the skills, knowledge, and workplace attitudes that are essential when entering the professional world.
The Welding School is seeking a Welding Instructor or Welder who is an enthusiastic individual, has a caring and engaging personality, a pleasant and steadfast demeanor, and has great communication skills. A positive attitude and great work ethic are essential.
- The prospective applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of welding field experience.
- Communicate promptly regarding supplies, tools, or other essentials for students in the classroom.
- Constantly evaluate the curriculum to ensure relevance and maintain a working field knowledge through continuing education.
- Create and maintain a safe environment at all times.
- Demonstrate continuing professional development of technical expertise and as an instructor.
- Ensure an ethical and fair testing environment during periods of testing.
- Maintain accurate record keeping as it applies to student attendance and grades.
- Maintain classroom equipment through evaluation, inspection, parts ordering, and repair.
- Maintain control of student activities and ensure compliance with school policies and rules.
- Manage tools assigned to the classroom and issue, inspect, repair, and teach proper handling of tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work individually and within a group
- Established customer service background
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- 10 Paid holidays
- 2 weeks PTO- 1st year
- 401(k) employer match
- Basic Life Insurance – Company Paid
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance, and other optional insurance plans
- Short/Long Term Disability – Company Paid
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Your Birthday off – Company Paid
Tulsa Welding School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The school does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Note: Candidates must be able to successfully pass a criminal history check and drug test.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.