Website Universal Technical Institute
Welding Instructor Job Highlights
|7+ Years Welding Experience
|Houston, TX, United States
|Universal Technical Institute
Universal Technical Institute provides technical education training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, collision repair, diesel, motorcycle, and marine technicians, welders, and CNC machinists.
The educational institute is looking for skilled welders who are ready to share their expertise and industry knowledge with the next generation of welders. The potential candidates could be former techs. They will be given paid 9-week New Instructor Training for delivering our designed curriculum and labs on how to manage a classroom, how to hold students accountable, and encourage them with structured opportunities to develop their own proficiency.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED from a welding school.
- They may require multiple welding certifications in the areas of SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, and FCAW processes. Pipe Welding may require additional certifications.
- Preferred welding certifications are Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) or Certified Welding Educator (CWE) through American Welding Society (AWS) or an equivalent.
- They should have 7 plus years of hands-on welding experience (5 of those years must be within the last 10 years).
- Setting up and operating experience of GMAW, SMAW, FCAW, GTAW, Oxy/Fuel, and plasma cutting equipment
- Welding experience in the construction, structural, fabrication, manufacturing, and/or pipe industries
- Ensure training aids, tools, and equipment are maintained and prepared for use in the classroom and lab
- Help students realize their dreams by organizing and delivering class objectives in a clear, concise manner
- Maintain an orderly, controlled, and safe environment for our students in classrooms and labs
- Maintain curriculum accuracy by keeping up-to-date on the industry
- Supervise and hold students accountable while promoting learning, participation, motivation, and professionalism
- Test, evaluate, and communicate performance and progress with students, supervisors, and other departments in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensures UTI is legitimate in our operations by following the compliance-related responsibilities for this position in the supplemental document.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, understand and use technical drawings or blueprints to manufacture components.
- Computer skills and Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to read, understand and use Welding Procedure Specification sheets
- In-depth understanding of cutting and welding processes
- Knowledge of welding different metal types; steel, aluminum, or stainless steel
- Motivated and professional, with a positive attitude
- People development and instructional skills and abilities
- Problem-solving and multi-tasking skills can adapt to a changing fast-paced environment
- May require minimal overnight travel
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl for very short periods of time during the workday
- Must be able to instruct two consecutive courses per workday; the number of hours will vary based on the campus location and program
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds or less 15% of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn, and reason for all of the workday
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday
- Work is performed near or with moving mechanical parts
- Work is performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment
- Work is performed near or with hot metal fusion and cutting processes
- Short periods of limited exposure to non-hazardous levels of fumes or airborne particles
UTI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities as required.
To apply for this job please visit careers-uti.icims.com.