Welding Kitter Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Experience||Not Indicated (Required)|
|Location||Arden, NC, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and reliably.
The company is seeking a Welding Kitter who will primarily focus on preparing parts for weld so that they are immediately accessible and properly oriented to make the work of weld as easy as possible.
This position will also help plan and coordinate manufacturing schedules to effectively meet customer requirements and company commitments for product/service quality and timeliness.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Possess an experience with AS400, MAPICS, DMM, and Enovia
- Previous weld experience or a Welding Certificate from an accredited school
- As necessary, work with Expeditor, to ensure material is available to meet production requirements
- Assist or fill gaps in weld area if needed to meet production requirements
- Establish part and process intimacy for assigned area and material
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe workplace
- Observe all safety regulations as specified or directed
- Process surplus or non-conforming material according to procedures
- Review status of orders and materials to identify future requirements
- Review the status of material shortages with the fabrication Lead/Supervisor
- Understanding of Kanban and other internal stock control methods
- Utilize DMM, AS 400, Enovia, Bills of Material, and Weld bucket production schedule to kit assigned item materials both bought outside and self-manufactured
- Work with MEs and plant personnel to identify/review stock items
- Able to lift, and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Computer experience – Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Experience with reading and looking up Bill of Materials (BOMs)
- Must be self-motivated and results-oriented
- Required to work flexible hours – overtime including weekends
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Arden, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
Note: These programs are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.