Website Newport News Shipbuilding (Huntington Ingalls Industries)
Welding Laboratory Technician 1 Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Laboratory Technician 1|
|Location||Newport News, VA, United States|
|Company||Newport News Shipbuilding (Huntington Ingalls Industries)|
Newport News Shipbuilding, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, is the sole designer, builder, and refueler of U.S. Navy aircraft carriers and one of two providers of U.S. Navy submarines. The company provides fleet services for ships worldwide and, using nuclear and manufacturing expertise.
The company is searching for a Welding Laboratory Technician to join its team.
- The applicants should have an Associate’s Degree from a college or university.
- An Apprentice Certificate or graduation from Navy Nuclear Power School can be substituted for an Associate’s degree.
- Associate’s Degree and 3 years of experience.
- 2 years of related experience can be substituted for an Associate’s degree.
- 4 years of non-related experience can be substituted for an Associate’s degree.
- Familiarity with welding both ferrous (carbon steel, HY, HSLA, etc.) and non-ferrous (CRES, CuNi, NiCu, Inconel, etc.) materials.
- Level II Visual Inspection (VT) certification.
- NNS production pipe (nuclear and non-nuclear) welding experience.
- Proficiency in prepping, cleaning, and fitting weld joints, including the use of burning/heating torches, cutting processes, and carbon arcing.
- Proficiency with the following welding processes: SMAW, manual GTAW, Fixed-head GTAW, Orbital GTAW
- Conducts laboratory support functions such as stocking and distributing supplies and equipment; arranging and dismantling apparatus; and collecting, washing, and storing glassware.
- Makes and records observations; performs simple calculations; and collects and prepares data for evaluation.
- May analyze compounds and manage a corporate compound collection.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures such as preparing routine solutions and reagents and performing routine reactions.
- Performs technical and record-keeping duties in conformance with company and regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements.
- Performs technical procedures in one or more of the following areas: Production, Research and Development, Quality Control/Assurance, and/or Compliance/Environmental.
- 401k company match
- Employee discounts
- On-site health center
- Offers competitive pay
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Weekly paychecks
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.huntingtoningalls.com.