Website Baker Hughes
Welding/Materials Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Welding and Materials Engineer|
|Location||Central Singapore, Singapore|
Baker Hughes Company is an energy technology company. It distributes products and services to oil and gas markets. Baker Hughes Process and Pipeline Services (PPS) supports the full lifecycle of customers’ assets from pre-commissioning to decommissioning.
The company is seeking a Welding/Materials Engineer who will provide equipment and support for customer operations to ensure continuity of production.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Welding Engineering or Materials Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- International Welding Engineer (IWE) status (preferred)
- The candidates should have at least 5 years of significant work experience within Welding Engineering (ideally with a focus on subsea equipment).
- Significant experience or certification in NDE preferred (RT/UT/PT/MT)
- Acting as a Lead Engineer as appropriate on assignments to support FEEDs, tenders, EPC projects, and purchase orders, and executing all Materials and Process Engineering tasks with efficiency and integrity. Tasks include but are not limited to;
- Customer contact – writing technical clarifications/exceptions and attending meetings on materials selection and manufacturing,
- Definition of Baker Hughes/Contract requirements – writing of technical reports and specifications,
- Developing and updating engineering guidelines, specifications, and best practices within welding and fabrication processes, and providing support in aligning such processes within the Global Subsea Production Systems, Services, and Offshore (SPSS&O) MPE team
- Ensure compliance initiatives are implemented and training requirements are met.
- Potential to act as EPC/System project Materials Engineering lead when called upon.
- Provide materials selection and fabrication advice during the design phase,
- Providing guidance, mentoring, and support on topics associated with Welding and Fabrication processes within the local business unit and the wider engineering community.
- Review and disposition of concessions and deviations.
- Review and perform technical evaluations of contract requirements, design codes, manufacturing standards, and specifications,
- Review of vendors’ special process procedures, such as e.g. manufacturing and welding procedure specifications, for use in the manufacturing of subsea equipment,
- Support to supply chain, attendance at audits and pre-production meetings,
- Ability to cooperate and interface effectively with all levels of a matrix environment
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards (NORSOK, ISO, ASME, API, ASTM, DNVGL, etc.) as well as design and fabrication requirements for subsea products
- Flexible, proactive and results-oriented
- Good understanding of allied material manufacturing and fabrication processes
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently and in teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer mind-set
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel, as required
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.