Website C&W Services
Welding/Pipefitting Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Fort Dodge, IA, United States|
C&W Services helps the clients to drive down facility operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and uptime, make strategic business decisions, and create a positive occupant experience.
The company is searching for a Welding/Pipefitting Technician to join its team.
This position may require moderate supervision and follow-up
- The applicants should possess a High School Degree or GED
- AA Degree in Welding (preferred, but not required)
- The candidates should have 1 to 2 years of education in industrial maintenance technologies (preferred)
- Fitter Welders – 0 to 2 years of experience in industrial welding and repairs (preferred)
- Pipe Fitters Welders – 0 to 2+ years of experience in industrial welding and repairs preferred. Certification (required)
- Assigned tasks list to include, but not limited to, repairs and preventive maintenance on tanks, vessels, piping systems, and structural systems
- Assist in formulating preventive maintenance standards/work procedures while performing those duties and provide work order feedback on discrepancies noted in service delivery
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife
- Deciphers engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment
- Identifies required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments
- Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form
- Must have the flexibility to work all shifts including holidays and weekends as demanded by the job
- Must have a working knowledge of the following topics; blueprint reading, ability to draw and interpret isometric diagrams, be or be able to be certified to B31.1 Pipe Welding Code as well as 6G in stainless steel
- Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications
- Perform other tasks, including but not limited to mechanical repairs and maintenance, as assigned by Supervisor
- Removes rough spots from the workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper
- Repairs and preventive maintenance to be performed in conformance with established standards
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment
- Tasks also include layout and fabrication of new and replacement piping systems, as well as installation of valves and related piping equipment
- Team members must be able to work in a team-oriented and safety-conscious environment. “Safety First” expectations include, but are not limited to, PJHA process, Observation process, and compliance with all company/site safety guidelines and procedures
- This position may require moderate supervision and follow-up
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Works from elevated areas such as ladders, platforms, scaffolding, etc. utilizing fall protection equipment as necessary to complete tasks
Other Essential Functions-
- Ensures compliance with all company/customer regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Achieve performance expectations set forth as part of performance appraisals to include employee development planning. Communications with all team members to assist the development of short and long-range planning in assist of the company’s goals and objectives
- Maintain personal tools required for your job to include up-to-date documented personal tool lists.
- Required tool listing to be supplied as part of the employment.
- Meet physical requirements of the job.
- Physical Requirements of the job will be provided to you prior to employment.
- Perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
- Accurate and timely administrative duties include, but are not limited to, time accounting and work order completion.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold, wet or humid conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
- Occasionally work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms, scaffolding as required)
- Regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator when required by the job.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling/lifting, manual/finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate hand tools and industrial machinery such as truck or forklift.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and talk or hear.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cushmanwakefield.com.