Website C&W Services
Welding & Pipefitting Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Welding & Pipefitting Technician|
|Location||Eddyville, IA, United States|
C&W Services helps the clients to drive down facility operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and uptime, make strategic business decisions, and create a positive occupant experience.
The company needs a candidate who can perform welds welding and pipefitting services performing welds in flat, vertical, or overhead positions as well as performing layout and fabrication of piping systems.
- The prospective candidates should possess a High School Degree or an approved GED from a college, university, tech center, or welding school.
- AA degree in Welding preferred, but not required
- The applicants should have some working experience in the related field.
- Assist in formulating preventive maintenance standards/work procedures while performing those duties and provide work order feedback on discrepancies noted in service delivery
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife
- Deciphers engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts. Identifies required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments
- Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form
- Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications
- Perform other tasks, including but not limited to mechanical repairs and maintenance, as assigned by Supervisor
- Removes rough spots from the workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper
- Repairs and preventive maintenance to be performed in conformance with established standards
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment
- Tasks also include layout and fabrication of new and replacement piping systems, as well as installation of valves and related piping equipment
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Works from elevated areas such as ladders, platforms, scaffolding, etc. utilizing fall protection equipment as necessary to complete tasks
Other Essential Functions
- Accurate and timely administrative duties to include, but are not limited to, time accounting and work order completion
- Achieve performance expectations set forth as part of performance appraisals to include employee development planning
- Communications with all team members to assist the development of short- and long-range planning in assist of the company’s goals and objectives
- Maintain personal tools required for your job to include an up to date documented personal tool lists
- Ensures compliance with all company/customer regulations, policies, and procedures
- Must maintain positive customer and employee relations.
- Perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner
- Physical Requirements of the job will be provided to you prior to employment
- Required tool listing to be supplied as part of the employment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have a working knowledge of the following topics; blueprint reading, ability to draw and interpret isometric diagrams, be or be able to be certified to B31. 1 Pipe Welding Code as well as 6G in stainless steel
- Must have the flexibility to work all shifts including holidays and weekends as demanded by the job
- Frequently required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator when required by the job.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate hand tools and industrial machinery such as a truck or forklift.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- $19 – $28 per hour depending on experience
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cushmanwakefield.com.