Welding Process Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Process Engineer|
|Location||Seymour, IN, United States|
Valeo is an automotive supplier and partner to all automakers worldwide. The company proposes innovative products and systems that contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions and to the development of intuitive driving.
The company is looking for a Welding Process Engineer who is ready to tackle the challenges of the vehicle of the future and revolutionize the conditions of visibility for both drivers and passengers.
- The applicants should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a college, tech center, or school.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience with plastic welding in the following areas: vibration, laser, hot plate, heat stake.
- Capitalize and share the know-how of industrial processes in the domain of responsibility
- Lead lean design workshop
- Lead the industrialization of the new P1
- Participate in the design of new equipment and new line
- Production efficiency for APU specific metier or product efficiency for new product development specific metier
Industrialization (Mainstream for New Product Industrialization)
- Build action plans and follow-up to be ready for FDPR
- Define acceptance criteria for new equipment
- Design specific tools and validate supplier’s proposal
- Follow equipment development with the supplier
- Manage production equipment introduction using IPROM
- Participate in PFMEA and Control Plan
- Perform and/or collect capabilities of equipment and process
- Perform pre-acceptance and acceptance of the equipment
- Perform trials on the equipment and deliver reports
- Set up equipment and propose Process Validation Plan
Mass Production (Mainstream for APU)
- Be in contact with suppliers (improvement, support)
- Monitor QCDM and propose improvements
- Participate in APU QRQC
- Participate in SPV workshop
- Support production technicians (training, analysis, problem-solving)
- Survey equipment performance with optimization in mind
- Update routing on information system with SPV validation
- Work on cycle time reduction to optimize investment, material, and labor cost
- Know, apply and promote standards (PG, sites, or corporate) in the domain of responsibility
- Supply the SPV rules
- Validate any standard evolution proposed by sites
- Validate PG RAISE and specifications standards created by standard owners
- Alert for the safety rules infringement
- Ensure respect of Safety and Environment procedures of Valeo Group
- Maintain 5S and report issues
Valeo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit valeo.taleo.net.