Website Howmet Aerospace
Welding Process Owner Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Process Owner|
|Location||La Porte, IN, United States|
Howmet Aerospace provides advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, and forged wheels for commercial transportation.
The company is looking for a Welding Process Owner who will be responsible for monitoring and controlling the process of weld repair and fabrication of superalloy castings.
- The applicants should have an Associate’s Degree in Welding Technology or in Manufacturing Technology from an accredited institution/school with a certificate in welding disciplines related to manufacturing.
- The candidates should have 2 years of welding-based manufacturing experience
- 5 years of welding-based manufacturing experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a self-directed or team environment with strong organizational skills
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and create project plans.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Welding Engineering Technology or Welding Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to weld using manual GTAW welding process and pass a welder certification test in flat orientation for nickel, cobalt, and iron-based alloys
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification
- Strong analytical abilities
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis
- Approach gaps or problems with self-discipline and an acute sense of urgency while knowing when to elevate as necessary
- Approach problem solving analytically using the DMAIC process
- Communicate clearly and professionally in written and verbal methods to all levels internally and externally
- Complete improvement projects in an organized method
- Identify and implement methods for process improvement
- Maintain personal welder certification for all weld repair and fabrication classifications
- Perform all other job duties as assigned
- Perform as the plant technical liaison to customers, 3rd parties, and other Howmet facilities
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and engineering teams
- Teach welding techniques in the classroom and hands-on methods
- Work independently and in team-based environments
- Certify new welders and recertify current welders per all customer requirements
- Develop new welding techniques and equipment improvements for production applications
- Maintain and write work instructions
- Maintain weld wire and weld cap control and inventory
- Maintain welder stamp control
- Monitor weld yields
- Monitor workmanship and continuous training of current welders
- Perform as plant technical representative for customer and 3rd party process audits in welding
- Plan and execute repairs on potentially scrap castings
- Review incoming customer blueprints and process specifications
- Train new welders
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Howmet Aerospace provides equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls, or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
To apply for this job please visit aa176.taleo.net.