Welding Sales Specialist Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Sales Specialist|
|Location||Allentown, PA, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is looking for a Welding Sales Specialist who will be responsible for driving the growth of Metal Fabrication products to existing and prospective customers.
Through both direct sales and collaboration with area account managers, the Metal Fabrication Sales Specialist is directly accountable for product management, market growth, and development to achieve business and sales objectives in the assigned geography.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field required (college/university)
- In lieu of a degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 4 years of prior outside business-to-business sales experience including proven experience and success in solution-selling concepts and a demonstrated history of managing customers throughout a defined sales territory.
- Industry experience and industrial sales experience (preferred)
- Completes and turns in sales-related paperwork, including call reports, and month-end reports, and reads and responds to email and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Drives Metal Fabrication sales within the assigned geography through the identification of key growth markets or products and associated targets. Development and execution of a strategy to capture growth.
- Establishes a process for continuous and accurate market data collection for customer sales and service needs, market trends, and competitor activities.
- Maintains and upgrades selling skills and technical/product knowledge through required training and self-directed research and learning.
- Maintains solid working relationships with Account Managers, District Managers, and other Specialists in the Region.
- Provides customers with engineering, technical support, training, and service for all their Metal Fabrication needs.
- Special projects and other duties as necessary
- Supports Account Managers to drive the growth of Metal Fabrication sales within the Account Managers’ assigned portfolio.
- Utilizes all necessary sales and marketing literature to promote Airgas initiatives that are identified as part of the region’s growth strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to apply knowledge to customer’s business, current macro- and microeconomic trends, industry trends, and potential new business opportunities.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Familiarity with industrial and Metal Fabrications, and industrial gas/welding supply sales a plus.
- Knowledge of customer segmentation and ability to prioritize the targeting of customers delivering the highest value to Airgas.
- Must have excellent organizational, written, and oral communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- Proven success using a consultative sales approach providing multiple layers of value to a customer to establish a mix of sales solutions and products.
- Reliable transportation, current driver’s license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency; and ability to work and succeed independently.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Strong PC skills (i.e., Windows, Word, Excel, email) with the ability to acclimate to a PC-based order entry system and wireless, handheld scanning device.
- Working knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Auto, home, and personal property insurance options
- Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Basic long-term disability insurance
- Choose between 5 medical plan options
- Competitive salaries
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Keep tabs on your eye health with our vision care plan
- Leadership development courses
- On-site training programs
- Optional spouse and dependent life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Scholarship programs
- Select from two valuable dental plan options
- Short-term disability coverage
- Worker’s compensation insurance
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airliquidehr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.