Website Lincoln Electric
Welding Software Engineer Job Highlights
|Welding Software Engineer
|Houston, TX, United States
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting, and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex.
The company is recruiting a Welding Software Engineer who will be responsible for delivering embedded software for industrial welding systems and for developing new industrial welding accessories including weld data monitoring, welding sequence, and motion control products.
Interpret complex and incomplete requirements and develop them into elegant and creative software solutions.
Work effectively with and challenge other experienced developers at all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college/university
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience writing C/C++ for embedded systems; TI SYS/BIOS, RTXC, or other RTOS for ARM Cortex microcontrollers.
- Additional experience with Code Warrior for NXP microcontrollers is a plus
- Experience with Communications: Wireless IIoT, Ethernet, TCP/IP, USB, MODBUS, and CAN-based protocols a plus
- Create software tools to automate processes and metrics
- Document and maintain various codebases
- Form strategies to solve complex, ill-defined problems
- Keep job knowledge current through continual studying of the latest development methodologies and technologies
- Participate at all levels of the software engineering process including analysis, architecture and design, development, documentation, integration, and testing.
- Proactively gather requirements directly from users, salespeople, and product management
- Recommend improvement to existing software or the creation of new software
- Serve as a subject matter expert and develop software for weld data monitoring and seam tracking systems
- Work hands-on with Lincoln Electric Automated Welding Systems
- Work in a small team of software engineering professionals and independently
- Write high-quality code that is well-designed, readable, testable, efficient
- Ability to develop Windows/mobile applications a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic software development fundamentals, such as object-oriented design
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic agenda.
- Adherence to safety policies and demonstrating safe work habits are required.
- Advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Desire to grow with the company and assume increasing responsibility.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, able to act independently, and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Receive satisfaction from a job well done and seek out challenging and rewarding tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork ability with personnel at all levels.
- Uncompromising attitude towards quality and customer satisfaction.
- Work is usually a mix of sedentary and walking.
- Use of the computer workstation is extensive.
- In the office, there is minimal reaching, bending, and lifting in relation to documents and stored records.
- When at a customer facility, there will be lifting, reaching, bending, dragging, pulling, and carrying of parts and equipment.
- May have to walk long distances to reach the equipment within the customer’s facility.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 50 pounds and frequently lift 25 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity and visual acuity to utilize the assembly equipment and tools.
- Requires vision, hearing, smell, and speech.
- May have to sit for long periods of time
- The noise level is usually moderate.
- Traveling is infrequent but may be necessary to witness customer requirements or resolve product issues.
- The company offers competitive pay with a lucrative annual profit-sharing incentive, student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, paid time off/paid holidays, retirement, medical, dental, vision, and much more.
Lincoln Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lincolnelectric.com.