Website BWX Technologies
Welding Specialist Job Highlights
|Location||Mount Vernon, IN, United States|
BWX Technologies is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. It is a worldwide supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services. The company proudly supplies highly engineered solutions to customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
The company is seeking a Welding Specialist who will play a critical role in manufacturing operations.
- Applicants should be High School Graduates or Equivalent
- Possess formal welding technical education (Trade School for example) is a plus but not mandatory
- Possess 6 to 8 years of welding experience in a shop environment
- Experience with robotic welding (a plus)
- Hand-on welding experience is desirable to aid in assisting shop personnel
- Assist and instructs on the setup of robotic welding equipment
- Assist in daily technical troubleshooting and assist with the installation of new welding equipment
- Assist in the set up of shop welds
- Assist welders and welding supervisors in critical welding operations.
- Assist Welding Engineer in performance of duties and with development of new processes and procedures
- Drive quality and man-hour improvements in welding operations.
- Must be able to operate and qualify on automatic welding equipment
- Performs development projects as directed by Welding Engineering
- Performs other investigations and test programs as required
- Provide oversight of all welding operations on nightshift.
- Troubleshooting of welding operations (i.e. weldability issues, welding equipment failures).
- Ability to follow detailed manufacturing plans and answer questions for shop personnel
- Ability to work on a PC, using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work well with various departments
- Strong interpersonal skills supporting collaboration and teamwork with a diverse group of engineering, operations, and materials management personnel are required.
- U.S. citizenship with no dual citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Security Clearance.
BWX Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training, and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bwxt.com.