Website Hubbell Incorporated
Welding Specialist Job Highlights
|Location||Plympton, MA, United States|
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications.
Hubbell Lighting (HLI) is committed to elevating the lighting experience. Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment, and armed with Hubbell’s unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light.
The company is looking for a Welding Specialist to join its teams for various operations.
- The applicants should have completed Graduation from High School, Military Schools, Vocational School, recognized craftsman apprenticeship program, or equivalent
- Current welding certifications (recently expired certifications may be accepted contingent upon the ability to successfully requalify prior to employment.)
- The candidates should have at least 5 to 10 years of experience in a combination of two or more skilled trades including knowledge of and ability to use tools materials and methods
- OSHA 10-hour safety course would be a plus
- Ability to read blueprints
- Communicate with lead to understand which jobs need to be worked on and the priorities of those jobs
- Complete work orders on time as per the labor standards
- Ensure that all parts that you have worked on are tagged with the proper part numbers
- Grind, buff, and finish parts to meet quality requirements
- Knowledge of manual and mechanical welding techniques
- Knowledge of metallurgy
- Knowledge of various welding techniques, including TIG, MIG, arc, and oxy-fuel welding
- Safely weld a variety of parts
- Set up machines with no supervision
- Store finished parts in appropriate locations and inform the responsible person to process them
- Understand and follow directions given by lead
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to identify proper welding tips
- Ability to keep an accurate count of finished parts
- Ability to lift 30-40 lbs. and maneuver 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate all welding equipment
- Ability to properly space the number of welds to meet varying conditions of materials to assure proper fusing, strength, and finish and to avoid distortion and burning
- Ability to regulate spot welding machines to proper time, current, and pressure settings with no supervision
- Able to read blueprints and work orders
- Effective communication skills
- Experienced with the use of various welding gases including argon and CO2 mix
- Must have the ability to fully understand directives/instruction and effectively communicate matters concerning safety, quality, and productivity
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, and sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.