Welding Superintendent Job Highlights
|Location||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
Kiewit Corporation provides construction and mining services. The company constructs and upgrades interstate highways, bridges, rail lines, airport runways, oil platforms, and wastewater facilities, as well as offers mining contract services.
The company is seeking a Welding Superintendent who will function as a field supervisor over welding operations and directly interact with the welders in providing guidance on welding techniques, implementing welding-related processes/procedures, and ensuring we maintain the highest level of welding quality.
Have responsibility for multiple Foreman, or laborers/craft workers
Be responsible for the organization, work methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and specifications, workmanship, and assignment of work to accomplish the execution of the work, either directly or through General Foreman or Foreman.
Also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, architects/engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, and Jobsite staff
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Must have a journeyman B-pressure ticket with experience as a welder
- Possess 6+ years of construction experience with 1+ years being in a Superintendent/Leadership capacity
- Develop a program to maintain good client relations involving staff on site
- Develop and implement a plan for project completion and turnover
- Ensure that all performance evaluations and completed in a timely fashion for direct reports
- Initiate and attend supplementary and regular meetings with clients for problem resolution and planning
- Maintain daily diary for record-keeping purposes
- Mentor B-pressure pipe welders
- Oversee and approve the monthly job cost updates and quarterly cash flow projections
- Perform pre-job testing on welders to verify competency
- Recommend, where appropriate, organizational, policy, and procedural or staff changes
- Review and approve or reject promotions up to General Foremen
- Review weld indications and rejections to provide training to welders
- Review, approve and negotiate change orders
- Ability to identify and resolve any problems that may arise
- Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding Kiewit’s policies, procedures, and software programs
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong experience in leadership, safety, negotiations, planning, and contract administration
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit kiewitcareers.kiewit.com.