Welding Supervisor Job Highlights
|Winamac, IN, United States
Wastequip is the leading manufacturer of waste-handling equipment. Wastequip’s broad range of waste equipment and services are used to collect, process, and transport recyclables, solid waste, liquid waste, and organics. The company’s brands include Wastequip, Toter, Galbreath, Pioneer, Accurate, Amrep, Mountain Tarp, Cusco, and Go to Parts.
The company is recruiting a Welding Supervisor to join its team.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Associate Degree or previous supervisory experience (preferred)
- Fork truck operating experience (preferred)
- Must have good computer skills and have experience utilizing Microsoft Office programs, including email.
- Collaborates with Human Resources and Environmental, Health, and Safety departments to train and assist in acclimating newly hired employees to the department’s daily operations, goals, and general expectations of the company.
- Completes all required production reporting as required.
- Directs workers in the manufacture of hoists.
- Immediately reports all accidents as well as near-miss incidents to the Plant Manager and EHS personnel, actively participates in investigative and prevention activities to ensure that the same type of incident does not reoccur.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Must be able to successfully carry out specific employee personnel duties such as interviewing, hiring, training, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Plan a production schedule, reviewing and adjusting schedule where needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe department at all times and must wear all necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing all duties; they must also ensure that the employees they supervise do the same, and they must stop work immediately if they observe any non-compliance.
- Leads his/her department in the pursuit of continuous improvement, always looking for and encouraging others to look for improvement opportunities in their assigned tasks as well as the plant as a whole.
- Must maintain an open, honest, and respectful relationship with his/her direct reports, they must lead by example, share knowledge openly, and work to achieve what is best for the team as a whole.
- Ensure that 5-S is practiced within their assigned area; all common tools will be returned to their defined place when not in use and the work area must be cleaned and free from debris once the daily work has been completed. If a tool, part, etc. does not have a defined space to be stored, the Supervisor must meet with the team to establish one.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager.
- Knowledge of machines and tools
- Mathematical Skills – Basic math, tape measure, Fractions and decimals
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of welding and cutting processes
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Wastequip is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or any other class protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.