Website Eastern Shipbuilding Group
Welding Supervisor Job Highlights
|Location||Panama City, FL, United States|
|Company||Eastern Shipbuilding Group|
Eastern Shipbuilding Group (ESG) is a leading innovator in marine construction and repair. The company builds world-class vessels for national defense and commercial clients, including the USCG’s Heritage Class Offshore Patrol Cutters.
The company is looking to hire a Welding Supervisor who will supervise and coordinate the activities of workers engaged in fabricating and installing metal structural parts, such as bulkheads, plates, and frames in ships.
Work with other crafts as instructed by supervision.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 1 to 3 years of previous shipyard experience
- 1 to 3 years of supervisory experience (desired)
- 1 to 3 years of experience welding on carbon steel, stainless steel, or aluminum in the shipbuilding industry (required)
- Must be able to manage a crew of individuals to get the job done efficiently, effectively, and safely
- Requires knowledge of ship terminology, safety, OSHA, and ABS regulations.
- Must pass ABS American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) welding tests to be ABS Certified.
- Assign work on multiple assignments during a workday and monitor progress onboard marine vessels.
- Assist in meeting production goals.
- Comply with the company, Federal, State, and local safety, ethics, and environmental rules, regulations, and policies while performing duties.
- Ensure that all welding inspection tasks are performed.
- Flag cranes, figure weights, and know-how to rig all types of lifts.
- Identify and correct poor fit-up welding practices that generate excessive rework and scrap.
- Manage employees and plan ahead to have their crew work safely.
- Monitor your work performance and productivity.
- Regular attendance at work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Work with minimal supervision. Inspect welds for compliance with ABS specifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and employees.
- Ability to read and comprehend written, oral, or diagram forms or plans.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to use a tape measure.
- Knowledge of the safe operation and use of hand and power tools.
- Rigorous compliance with safety procedures, policies, and personal safety equipment requirements is therefore mandatory.
- The employee may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock, moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, continual loud noise, and other hazards found in a heavy industrial shipyard environment.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to work above ground at heights of a minimum of 50 feet aloft or working from scaffolding or man-lifts while working with machinery; in confined spaces and withstand extreme heat and cold in an outside climate or confined space.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear all required personal protective equipment, as prescribed under Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- Must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Regularly required to communicate
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the workday
- Integrity, ethics, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, safety-conscious, and multi-tasking.
- Maintain the confidential integrity of details pertaining to Eastern Shipbuilding Group.
- The company offers competitive wages, bonuses, and full benefits including a 401(k)-retirement plan, to help our employees save for retirement and enjoy a lifelong career.
Eastern Shipbuilding Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit easternshipbuilding.hua.hrsmart.com.