Website Johnson Controls
Welding Supervisor Job Highlights
|Location||Sanford, NC, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment and delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is hiring a Welding Supervisor who will supervise welding personnel, workflow, and equipment.
Position requires a continuous level of production floor visibility and is responsible for the welding process, welding production output volumes, quality of product, personnel scheduling, cost control, safety, and 5S.
- Applicants should have a 2-year of college or Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Certified Welder
- Certified Welding Inspector
- Welding Trainer
- Possess 3 to 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Military Welding Background/Experience
- Arranges for accurate maintenance of machines and equipment
- Daily consistent production output
- Develop Welding Procedures and Work Instructors
- Facilitate employee team operations
- Follow and maintain all implemented procedures
- Labor cost control
- Maintain warehouse housekeeping and 5S
- Must adjust output to production demands and keep lead-time low on-time delivery (by completing schedules on time)
- Must know and follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in all HPT functions
- Perform these and other comparable related duties as instructed by management.
- Personnel matters-position carries out and conducts performance reviews and disciplinary matters (with HR Manager)
- Hands-on with an entire day spent in the plant, checking hourly production progress and QC/appearance checks
- Production efficiency
- Quality and appearance of various products being produced
- Requisitions operating personnel to meet established goals
- Review and mentor employees in accordance with the plant’s goals
- Supervise and control scrap
- Trains production welders to perform work assignments safely and efficiently
- Maintains good employee relations through mentoring and consistent application of employee relations policies
- Available for overtime, as required to meet internal and external customer requirements
Johnson Controls is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.johnsoncontrols.com.