Welding Supervisor I Job Highlights
|Welding Supervisor I
|Elko, NV, United States
Komatsu Construction is an indispensable partner in the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The company is recruiting a Welding Supervisor I who will oversee and lead welding operations, ensuring the highest standards of craftsmanship and safety.
Contributes significantly to operational efficiency and upholding Komatsu’s commitment to excellence in fabrication.
Plays a crucial part in the growth and success of the Elko facility, overseeing the welding operations’ scale and scope. This includes managing a team of skilled professionals, ensuring the production volume aligns with quality standards, and fostering a culture of safety and excellence within the welding department.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Applied Science or a related field (college/university). Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in welding operations and supervision, with a proven track record of leadership and team management.
- Certification in welding or a related field (required)
- Collaboration with Maintenance and Production Teams: Collaborate with maintenance and production supervisors to coordinate equipment maintenance schedules and optimize production workflows. Foster effective cross-functional communication to address any operational challenges promptly.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of welding activities, production output, and quality control metrics. Generate reports as needed, providing insights into performance, challenges, and areas for improvement to the Shop Manager.
- Operational Efficiency: Streamline welding processes to enhance operational efficiency, optimizing resource utilization and minimizing downtime. Collaborate with other department heads to coordinate workflow and meet production targets.
- Quality Assurance: Oversee and enforce quality control measures in welding operations, conducting regular inspections to ensure adherence to industry standards and Komatsu’s quality expectations. Implement corrective actions to address any deviations and continuously strive for process improvement.
- Safety Compliance: Prioritize and enforce safety standards within the Weld Shop, conducting regular safety meetings and audits. Ensure the team’s strict adherence to safety protocols, fostering a culture of safety consciousness as the top priority.
- Supervision and Leadership: Provide effective leadership to the Weld Shop team, ensuring daily activities align with quality standards and safety protocols. Mentor and guide team members for optimal performance, fostering a collaborative and productive work environment.
- Training and Development: Facilitate training programs for the welding team to enhance skills and knowledge. Stay updated on industry best practices and technological advancements, incorporating them into training sessions to keep the team at the forefront of welding innovation.
- Medical programs
- Paid time off
- Bonus programs
- Educational reimbursement
- Retirement savings plans
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.