Mine Maintenance Welding Supervisor Job Highlights
|Title||Mine Maintenance Welding Supervisor|
|Location||Logan Lake, BC, Canada|
|Company||Teck Resources Limited|
Teck is one of Canada’s leading mining companies, committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, zinc, and steelmaking coal, as well as investments in energy assets.
The company is seeking a Mine Maintenance Welding Supervisor who will supervise a team of approximately 25 employees.
The team is directly responsible for component inventory needs as well as welding maintenance of 8 shovels, 6 drills, 52 – 240T haul trucks, 12 D10T dozers, 8 motor graders, 2 production loaders, 2 wheel dozers, loaders, vocational trucks, light vehicles, forklifts, etc.
The team also conducts some pipeline welding work and fabrication.
The position will report to the Senior Supervisor – Mine Maintenance.
- The applicants should be a Journeyperson Interprovincial Welder, Technologist, or Engineer
- Completion of Gr.12 or GED or equivalent
- Possess a minimum 5 years of experience in a relevant supervisory role (preferred)
- Experience in the mining industry is an asset.
- Adhere to safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Communicate effectively with other trades supervisors and ensure an efficient workflow through the shop
- Maintain a safe, positive, and productive work environment
- Maintain an effective workforce by participating in employee selection, evaluation, training, and support.
- Participate in regular meetings with the General Supervisor, Senior Supervisor, or the planning group to establish priorities, and discuss maintenance problems, safety, costs, and productivity;
- Regularly review crew’s performance targets and accomplishments in key areas such as safety, productivity, costs, and environmental performance;
- Excellent people and management skills
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling processes
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
To apply for this job please visit jobs.teck.com.