Welding Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Tulsa, OK, United States|
Arcosa provides infrastructure-related products and solutions with leading brands serving engineered structures, construction, and transportation markets.
The company (Arcosa Wind Towers) is looking for a Welding Technician who will train, instruct and test welders in metal joining and machine operation.
Use jigs/fixtures to lay-out pieces to be welded according to blueprints, layouts, schematics, or work orders using manual, semi-automatic, and automatic welding equipment to join, surface, fabricate and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
May also be required to inspect completed work for conformance to specifications and perform minor maintenance to equipment.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 5 years of production welding
- 2 years of training welding operators
- Completing the required documentation and records as required.
- Comply with all safety rules and procedures.
- Complying with all safe work practices for heavy weld, assembly, and paint fabrication and acting as a safety advocate.
- Conducting audits of welding operators and process best practice safety for welding.
- Engagement with safety committees or initiatives.
- Help with class training of new welders.
- Identifying areas for improvement and testing new welding processes.
- Reading and understanding all Weld Procedure Specifications and customer welding requirements.
- Troubleshooting welding process and equipment-related issues.
- Verification of welding power supply energy delivery (calibration of welding equipment).
- Visually analyze welds to determine welder training needs.
- Working closely with plant management to track and address welding-related issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to cross-train.
- Attention to detail.
- Critical Thinking.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Desire to learn.
- Good social skills.
- Interest and aptitude in technology.
- Leadership skills.
- Read, write, and speak proficiently in English.
- Strong interpersonal communicator, a good listener, and open to feedback.
- Strong work ethic.
- Team player.
- Time Management.
- Certifications: Grinding, GMAW, GTAW, Flux Core, SAW, Plasma, Arc Gouging
- Direct application of AWS and ASME Section IV codes welding (preferred)
- Must be able to train according to Weld Procedures and Weld Maps
- Must understand and know all Weld Procedures and Weld Maps
- Understanding of the following NDT processes: VT, UT, MT, and PT
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Dental and Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health and Pharmacy
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
Arcosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.