Website Williams International
Welding Technician Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd Shift)|
|Location||Ogden, UT, United States|
Williams International is a privately-owned company that develops and manufactures jet engines for both military and commercial aircraft applications. It is a company of creators who deliver pioneering ideas and technologies that lead the aerospace industry.
The company is searching for a Welding Technician who will be working within a team environment and have responsibility for the operation of welding equipment.
Applicants will participate in welding-related activities to ensure that parts are manufactured in accordance with manufacturing standards and specifications.
All Cell Specialists are also responsible to ensure the continuous flow of materials and parts through the assigned Cell.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have at least 2 years of related experience in welding or demonstrated proficiency.
- Communicate change of shift requirements to ensure team members receive accurate and reliable information and documentation.
- Maintain accurate and reliable documentation.
- Maintain proper identification of parts per planning specifications and ensure that accurate and reliable records and documentation are maintained.
- Manufacture and/or tests parts according to engineering and customer standards and specifications.
- Perform inspection and/or testing-related activities to ensure that parts are machined in accordance with manufacturing standards and blueprint specifications. Visually inspects parts to ensure they are free of burrs or damaged surfaces.
- Perform rework and development hardware as required.
- Remove burrs, sharp edges, tool marks, and other irregularities from machined parts to ensure they are in accordance with engineering blueprints, and tolerance requirements.
- Set-up and operation of TIG Welding, Tack Welding, or Automatic Welding equipment.
- Must be able to provide an acceptable written and practical weld test. Effective interaction with team members, customers, and all levels of management. Reads, understands, and correctly interprets basic blueprint drawings.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. from floor to waist. (note – must use a lift assist or assistance from other individuals (s) when lifting in excess of 50 lbs.)
- Must be capable of pushing or pulling a weight of 60 lbs.
- Must have a grip strength of at least 50 lbs.
- The position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance if needed.
- Candidates selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- U.S. citizenship is required
Williams International is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, and protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.