Website Baker Hughes
Welding Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK|
Baker Hughes Company is an energy technology company. It distributes products and services to oil and gas markets. Baker Hughes Process and Pipeline Services (PPS) supports the full lifecycle of customers’ assets from pre-commissioning to decommissioning.
The company is looking to hire a Welding Technician who will involve in the fabrication design input, material selection, material forming, welding, visual, and NDE Inspections.
- The applicants should be time served Fabricator, Welder, Plater, Pipefitter, Craft/technician
- CSWIP Welding Inspection advantageous
- Knowledge of NDE advantageous
- ONC/HNC advantageous
- PC literate
- Safety qualifications or training advantageous
- City and Guilds, NVQ Level 3 qualified, relevant experience also considered
- Experience in the oil and gas or energy sector
- Demonstrate and collaborate with creative ideas for more effective working practices
- Following procedures and self-review annually
- Following written SOI, COIs along with verbal instructions with the ability to liaise and communicate effectively with engineers and management
- Inspection/ fault finding and repairs to the Reel fleet working to required standards
- Liaise with internal production supervision
- Passing internal weld procedures to AWS D1.1 3G and 4G
- PC literate
- Performing any other duties as directed by the fabrication leader
- Reading and checking engineering drawings
- Take an active lead on incorporating safety improvements, lean improvements, and Kaizen improvements
- Taking a lead on HSE and always following the Baker Hughes safety culture.
- Using a range of fabrication machinery and power tools
- Technicians should be highly skilled in TAG, GMAW, and SMAW welding processes in 3G, 4G, or 6G. This includes the maintenance and certification of the global reel fleet, inspecting and repairing as directed by the fabrication leader.
- At this level, the technician will have a sound understanding of the engineering principles.
- Ability to work in a team environment and unsupervised
- Able to work at height
- Operating MEWP and Forklift trucks (training provided)
- Operating overhead cranes (training provided)
- Oxy-Fuel and Plasma cutting experience
- Work in a Confined space
- Work outside in all weather conditions
- A safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and well-being activities
- Tailored financial programs
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.