ME Welding Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Clarksville, TN, United States|
Hendrickson manufactures and supplies medium and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric, and air suspensions; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; tire pressure control systems; integrated and non-integrated axle and brake systems; stabilizers; bumpers; and components to the global commercial transportation industry.
The company is looking for a Welding Technician who will be responsible for the programming, building, and installation of robotic welding systems as well as assist in the development and maintenance of welding-related processes, procedures, specifications, and applications for new and existing products throughout the Hendrickson Trailer Division.
- Applicants require a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a minimum 2 years of experience with industrial welding or formal welding education (required)
- Assemble automatic and manually operated fixtures and tooling
- Assist in the daily troubleshooting of robotic or tooling problems
- Assist in the development of quality systems for new products and processes
- Build components from hand sketches, prints, or verbal instructions
- Develop and maintain spare parts inventory for long lead items needed to support the plant
- Develop knowledge of fabricating and welding systems and processes, then, transfer that knowledge to the production personnel
- Increasing throughput while improving quality
- Manual and robotic welding development
- Organize, purchase and help maintain supplies required for fabricating, machining, and assembly of tooling fixtures
- Oversee tooling and suggest and implement modifications to improve system productivity
- Robotic programming
- Troubleshooting robotic, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and understand weld symbology
- Basic Mechanical aptitude required
- Basic robotic programming/operation desired (Fanuc is a strong plus)
- Demonstrated ability to pass the Hendrickson weld certification test
- Understanding of Microsoft office packages
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit hendrickson.referrals.selectminds.com.