Website Denver Zoo
Welding Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Denver, CO, United States|
|Company||Denver Zoo (Denver Zoological Foundation)|
Denver Zoo is a leader in animal care, wildlife conservation, and education. it is passionate about the commitment to excellence in support of the mission of Inspiring Communities to Save Wildlife for Future Generations.
The company is seeking a Welding Technician who will support Denver Zoo’s mission by performing welding, fabrication, and hydraulic pump maintenance.
- Applicants should be High School Graduates or Equivalent
- Possess 5 years of experience in welding or metal fabrication work
- Complete work orders including, but not limited to-
-Lays out, heats, bends, cuts, welds and brazes ferrous/nonferrous metals and operates various hand tools; this position does not currently work with stainless steel.
-Cuts metal with oxy-acetylene
-Estimates materials, time, and equipment cost
-Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations
-Inspects facilities to determine construction, maintenance, or repair needs
-Provides fabrication support
-Responsible for Zoo’s hydraulic pumps and pump systems through repair and replacement
-Takes fabrication drawings and completes work according to drawings and communication with those responsible for drawings
- Evaluate, prioritize, schedule, assign and perform preventative maintenance, maintenance requests, and emergency requests in an appropriate manner.
- Operates various hand and power tools- saws, grinders, welders, drills, etc.
- Participate in all team meetings and design/development processes.
- Strong aptitude for diagnosing and repairing mechanical and maintenance problems.
- Set priorities in alignment with Inspire Awe-
-Care demonstrated through exceptional guest service
-Connect with each guest utilizing Roadmap’s guest engagement strategies and program development process
-Safety first, always.
- Act in accordance with Denver Zoo’s Core Behaviors: Passion, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, and Excellence in all interactions with staff, guests, volunteers, and vendors.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Denver Zoo’s Sustainability Policies by adhering to all environmental, safety, and health regulations, procedures, and goals.
- Ability to operate (with training) various pieces of equipment such as backhoes, Bobcats, forklifts, and sometimes small cranes.
- Ability to read and work from manuals, blueprints, and written and verbal instructions.
- Assist other skilled trades/departments.
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the appropriate tools to safely and accurately construct objects, structures, and buildings.
- Knowledge of understanding and using plans, shop drawings, blueprints, models, and maps.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess good interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of ferrous and nonferrous metal properties is sufficient to be able to identify the type of metal to be repaired.
- Knowledge of the basics of gas and arc welding sufficient to be able to perform welding work normally required in mechanical, structural repairs, and fabrication of parts.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions sufficient to be able to establish a safe work environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to pass a physical examination, background check, and pre-employment drug and alcohol screen.
- Clear driving record
- The company offers benefits that include medical, dental, and vision benefits; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability; 403 (b) retirement plan; and vacation and sick leave.
Denver Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.