Welding Technician III Job Highlights
|Welding Technician III
|Full Time (2nd shift)
|Orchard Park, NY, United States
Eaton is a power management company that provides energy-efficient products and services. It helps customers to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power.
The company is searching for a Welding Technician III to join its team.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of automated welding (electron beam welding or auto TIG experience)
- Minimum of 4 years of Aerospace manufacturing or 5 years of military experience or 6 years of relevant manufacturing experience.
- Experienced in the use of Electron Beam and Laser welding equipment, pressure gauges, flowmeters, and relief valves.
- Ability to work on complex projects or products with minimal direction and knowledge to involve required support from Engineering or Supervision.
- Assist the Production Supervisor in training, developing, and mentoring the lower-level technicians on products, manufacturing processes, and testing practices.
- Detailed knowledge of complex mechanical or electrical assemblies with familiarity with component surface finishes and aerospace cleanliness requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of Electron Beam and Laser welding processes, pneumatic, vibration, thermal, and Lot Acceptance test requirements and equipment to evaluate aerospace systems.
- Independently perform manufacturing processes on complex assemblies and weldments following written instructions.
- Knowledgeable in complex mechanical or electrical assemblies with familiarity with component surface finishes and aerospace cleanliness requirements.
- Obtain and maintain Certified Operator Status following site guidelines
- Perform manufacturing processes on complex assemblies following written instructions.
- Properly manage the traceability of numerous components to ensure assembly accuracy.
- Responsible for ensuring that compliance with Environmental, Health, and Safety standards are met.
- Skilled at diagnosing and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical assemblies and high-pressure test equipment issues.
- Thorough Understanding of mechanical blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Verify calibrated equipment, material with expiration dates and written instructions are up to date and accurate before use in production.
- Work in partnership with Engineering to Identify improvement opportunities, resulting in a decrease in lead time, cost savings, elimination of waste, or safety improvement
- Experience with CNC Programming
- Experience with weld inspection to AWS17.1 standard
- Solid understanding of microscopes, dial indicators, and camera-aided measurement
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, Cellular Manufacturing, One Piece Flow, and Continuous Improvement concepts
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Donation Matching
- Flexible Work Options
- Healthcare/Retirement Savings Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Programs and Resources
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers all applicants regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit eaton.eightfold.ai.