Website Lincoln Electric
Welding Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Cleveland, OH, United States|
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting, and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex.
The company is looking for a welding technician who will assist an energetic team in the development of advanced welding machines and associated processes; to conduct tests and validate new areas of welding machine design and/or on new welding processes.
- The prospective candidates should have either an Associate’s Degree with 5 years of experience or a GED with 7 years of experience in a technical field.
- The candidates should have 5 to 7 years of experience in the related field.
- Works with a limited degree of supervision, with oversight, focused only on complex new assignments
- Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Applies new areas of welding technology; including highly automated systems, to demonstrate and quantify performance improvements over existing technologies.
- Assists the Research and Development team in the design, construction, documentation, and testing of components, assemblies, and products such as inverters, engine welders, and plasma cutters.
- Compiles and computes a variety of engineering data; may analyze test and design data; develops or prepares weld procedure data, designs, specifications, parts lists, or makes recommendations regarding these items.
- Performs extensive hands-on testing and development of welding and cutting equipment in various processes; including SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, SAW, CAG, PAW, and PAC.
- Performs non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the company’s future strategy.
- Ability to handle a constantly changing set of priorities
- Ability to read and comprehend wiring diagrams, schematics, and test specifications
- Ability to use personal computers and common laboratory equipment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Capable of lifting 60 pounds on an occasional basis
- Excellent organization skills
- Experience with Robotic Programming Preferred
- Good hands-on assembly and troubleshooting skills
- Possesses a strong desire to learn
- Possesses and applies both practical and fundamental understanding of various arc welding and cutting processes
- Has full proficiency in a range of technical processes or procedures
Lincoln Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lincolnelectric.com.