Website General Dynamics Elec Boat
Xray Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Kingstown, RI, United States|
|Company||General Dynamics (Elec Boat)|
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company. The company provides Gulfstream business jets, combat vehicles, nuclear-powered submarines, and communications systems.
Bath Iron Works is a full-service shipyard specializing in the design, building, and support of complex surface combatants for the U.S. Navy.
The company is seeking an Xray Welder who will encompass welding on Sub safe/Hull integrity joints according to weld procedures and quality standards.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma/GED (preferred)
- Additional preference is given for Vocational, Technical, and Community Colleges or Apprentice programs
- Previous experience with mechanized welding and alloy welding
- Previous gouging experience
- Be responsible for welding with high quality, speed, and efficiency
- Final welds are expected to meet internal policy standards and meet UT/RT acceptance criteria
- Gouging of full penetration welds
- Weld all welding positions and on various joint designs
Selected applicants will be required to successfully complete an RT welding test along with satisfactory completion of a 6 months probationary period to demonstrate proficiency in X-ray welding.
- Ability to interpret welding and shipyard procedures, structural drawings, technical manuals, test documents, and diagrams desired
- Applicants will be required to work in a collaborative and team environment and meet organizational goals and follow all written and verbal instructions as directed
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong mathematical skills preferred
- Electric Boat weld experience or training or at least 2 years welding experience or training from another company or Trade school
- Individuals are required to possess their own basic hand tools
- Knowledge of welding procedures and various types of welding equipment
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and tight areas
- Must be able to work in horizontal, vertical, overhead, and flat positions.
- Must be available to work all shifts
- Some lifting, climbing, and bending will be required
- Assorted voluntary benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability, and other insurance products
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Reimbursement accounts for child care and out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Savings and Stock Investment Plans (SSIPs)
General Dynamics Bath Iron Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.gd.com.