API Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||La Porte, TX, United States|
Acuren Inspection is a leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). It provides a wide range of services for industries like Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace.
The company is hiring an API Inspector who will perform a visual and nondestructive examination on stationary equipment in accordance with the API and ASME standards, provide clients with technical recommendations for the repair, re-rate, replacement, and/or alteration of plant equipment.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma or GED
- Certification of American Petroleum Institute Standards 510/570/653
- Additional CWI a plus
- The candidates should have experience working in direct support of petrochemical facility engineers.
- At the direction of the client, perform a visual and non-destructive examination of static and dynamic pressure retaining equipment in accordance with American Petroleum Institute (API) standard 510, American Petroleum Institute (API) standard 570, and American Petroleum Institute (API) standard 653
- Submit to client technically accurate reports documenting equipment condition
- Provide client with technical recommendations for the repair, re-rate, replacement, and/or alteration of plant equipment, as required for safe operation within stated operating parameters for durations specified by the client
- Provide technical input to a client as required for welding and metallurgical issues
- Provide technical guidance, on an application of non-destructive examination techniques and procedures
- Fully comply with all Acuren and client safe work practices and actively participate in all site safety initiatives
- Ability to maintain positive working relations with clients and co-workers
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Ability to work extended hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mentoring skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- Technical report writing skills
- In-depth working knowledge of API 510/570/653 and ASME standards
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must complete and pass a DISA Background check
- Must complete and pass all required Drug Screens
- Must complete and pass site-specific safety council
- A growing industry
- A well-defined career path
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Continuous investment in employees and technology
- Culture of honesty and integrity
- Paid training
Acuren Inspection is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.