Electro Mechanic Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Electro Mechanic Technician|
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Atlanta, GA, United States|
Cargill brings food, agricultural, financial and industrial products to people who need them all around the world. It helps farmers grow more, connecting them to broader markets. The company develops products that give consumers just what they’re seeking, advancing nutrition, food safety, and sustainability.
The company is seeking an Electro Mechanic Technician with creative, responsible, hardworking skills to operate the business successfully.
- The prospective applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Age – must be 18 years or older
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of experience with industrial electrical knowledge and any mechanical maintenance trade.
- Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial maintenance throughout the facility
- Documenting completed work and the conditions found, utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
- Installing, maintaining, testing, evaluating, and repairing various electrical components and systems
- Interacting regularly with external vendors, peers, and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
- Interpreting and understanding electrical and mechanical schematics, blueprints, and/or operation manuals
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Operating mobile equipment such as forklifts, loaders, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts
- Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, electric tools, precision maintenance tools, preventative maintenance technology tools, etc.
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Utilize maintenance trades and components such as welding, pipefitting, fabrication, gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, pumps/piping systems, mechanical maintenance, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50 lbs., kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
- Ability to work overtime including holidays, nights, weekends, or different shifts with advance notice
- Basic computer skills
- Eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Experience performing maintenance trades such as welding, pipefitting, fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearings, lubrication, pump and piping systems, or hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience troubleshooting programming technologies, such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Experience with precision maintenance, such as laser alignment and/or dial indication
- Experience with safe work practices, such as Pre-Job Hazard Analysis (PJHA), confined spaces, job task permitting, etc.
- Experience working with control voltages, and/or PID loop controls, and/or 120/277/480v
- Trade school certification or degree in an electrical and or mechanical field, or relevant military experience
Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.