Equipment Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Tampa, FL, United States|
CSX is a premier transportation company. It provides rail, intermodal, and rail-to-truck transload services and solutions to customers across a broad array of markets, including energy, industrial, construction, agricultural, and consumer products.
The company is seeking an Equipment Operator who will have the ability to safely and efficiently operate car dumpers, stack rakes, and other terminal equipment.
Clean, maintain and repair equipment as assigned. Replace belting and inspect the conveyor system.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- 18 years of age or older
- Possess 1 year of experience operating heavy machinery
- Welding experience
- Clean, maintain, and repair equipment
- Ensure compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety, operations, and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by the manager
- Operate Car Dumpers and Stack Rakes
- Operate material handling equipment
- Other duties as assigned by proper authority, including additional general duties to support Rockport operations
- Replace and inspect conveyor systems
- Basic Math
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem-solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Verbal comprehension (Understanding oral and written communications)
- Climb fixed ladders to 2nd and 3rd level decks multiple times per hour in a typical shift
- Demonstrate auditory and visual acuity/tracking/inspection
- Medium work, depending on location, lifting up to 50 pounds
- Operate mechanized warehouse equipment
- Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, balance, climb
- Complete annual training and pass safety rules examinations
- Must pass a background screening
- Must pass a post-offer medical examination, including a drug test
- Must pass all required assessments
- This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement and membership is req.
- Wear protective equipment such as a hard hat, hearing protection, or safety-toe boots
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Valid Driver’s License
CSX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit fa-eowa-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.