Field/Pump Diagnostic Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Field/Pump Diagnostic Mechanic|
|Location||Empire, CO, United States|
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company. It operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum.
The company is hiring a highly skilled Mechanic who will safely perform diagnostic, maintenance, and repair of pump systems and associated equipment.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 2 years of experience in pump mechanical/maintenance or a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance
- Experience working in a mining environment
- Experience repairing and troubleshooting pumps, piping, and related systems
- Experience with underground mine ventilation controls
- Experience with construction and maintenance of bulkheads, regulators, and air doors
- Experience with installation and maintenance of booster fans
- Act as a Fill-in Supervisor as required
- May operate equipment such as trucks, bobcats, forklifts, mobile cranes, backhoes, loaders, road graders, and small mobile equipment
- Perform advanced welding (Stick, MIG, Intershield, Drisco Fusion) and fabrication of brackets, headers, and other related components
- Performs mechanical and lubrication preventative maintenance on pumping systems by checking bearings “grease and purge”, motor temp, coupling temp, adjusting packing, checking for visual and vibration signs of breakdown, etc.
- Prioritize and make decisions regarding equipment repair as needed
- Responsible for maintaining work orders and performing work area inspections
- Train and mentor other employees
- Troubleshoot and perform the removal, repair, and installation of pumps, pipelines, fire water systems, interceptor wells, potable water systems, hydraulic systems, and their associated parts
- Perform other duties as required
- Ability to install bearings
- Ability to prioritize repairs and possess excellent decision-making skills
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with ventilation and airflow
- Ability to troubleshoot machine systems
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with others in a team environment
- Demonstrate safety as a core value
- Knowledge of the blue stake process
- Must be proficient in multiple types of welding, fabrication, and layout
- Must have completed academic and competencies required (this includes Line of Progression requirements for internal employees), and have experience demonstrating required mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of APP inspections
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- May be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Occasionally may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing, or plant environment.
- Required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms
- Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes, or airborne particles.
- Three medical plan options through United Health care, including a high deductible plan with a company
- contribution to a Health Savings Account
- Two dental plan options through Delta Dental
- Vision plan through VSP
- Flexible spending accounts for health-care and dependent care expenses
Quality of Life Benefits-
- Adoption assistance for some adoption expenses
- Auto, home, and pet insurance plans at competitive rates
- College scholarship opportunities for children of full-time employees
- Employee Assistance Program for personal and professional concerns
- Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement to employees for further education
Financial Security Benefits-
- Company-paid disability, life, and AD&D insurance with the option to increase coverage for some plans
- Short-term and core long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance is equal to 2x your base salary
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage at 2x your base salary
- Basic spouse and child life coverage options
- Retirement savings plan managed by Schwab Retirement Plan Services
- Both pre-tax and Roth 401(k) employee contributions
- Company-paid online financial wellness program to help manage your finances by creating a budget,
- reducing debt and saving for retirement
- Group legal plan option with access to a nationwide network of attorneys
- Valid Driver’s License
Freeport-McMoRan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fcx.com.