Website Chart Industries
Fitter Job Highlights
|Location||New Iberia, LA, United States|
Chart Industries, focuses on the design of cryogenic equipment and manufactures highly engineered equipment servicing multiple applications in Energy and Industrial Gas.
The company is seeking a Fitter to join its team.
- Applicants should have completed High School or a Technical Program
- Education may be substituted by extended experience
- Possess 3 years of experience in related field
- Assist in developing and implementing shop standards and improvements
- Assists in developing and presenting formatted training materials
- Be able to identify fit-up issues rapidly and address them quickly
- Makes training recommendations to supervisors
- Must be available to work evening shifts, including weekends and holidays, if necessary
- Promotes safety, honesty, and integrity on the job
- Provides follow-up reports to production supervision on observed deficiencies in fitting
- Provides instruction on fitting techniques, proper tools and proper procedures
- Required to work at elevated heights up to 75 ft.
- Works independently in all areas of the shop with fitters and welders in order to raise the level of quality in fitting and solving problems
- Works to identify opportunities for technology improvements
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- Blueprint reading required
- Knowledge of shop math (preferred)
- Be a self-starter, creative thinker, reliable, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate professionally with people at all levels and remain calm and objective
- Must have the complete support of safety procedures
- Must have a thorough knowledge of shop standards and departmental operations
- Flexible medical, vision, and dental plans
- 24/7 access to telephone doctors
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Leaves of absence (family medical, bereavement, personal, sabbatical)
- Remote work options
- Financial planning services
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase plans
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Spending Account (HSA)
Chart Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.chartindustries.com.