Website Core & Main
Fusion Technician III Job Highlights
|Title||Fusion Technician III|
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
|Company||Core & Main|
Core & Main is a U.S. distributor of water, sewer, and fire protection products. It also provides contractors and municipalities with innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure.
The company is looking for a Fusion Technician III who will operate equipment that fuses piping.
This position requires the operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average workweek.
- The applicants should have a Technical Certification or Associates Degree from a university or college (may be required in some areas)
- The candidates should have 5 to 7 years of experience in related areas of responsibility.
- Experience in electro fuse and structure welding.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass the pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- Communicates with customers to assess needs.
- Determines appropriate method and equipment necessary to install pipe.
- Determines if the final product meets quality control standards.
- Electro fuses and structure welds. Inspects and maintains fusion EQ.
- Identifies installation and repair needs.
- Provides and installs custom HDPE piping systems and repair systems.
- Responsible for 24-hour on-call repair emergencies.
- Transports equipment to the job site. Operates field equipment and forklift.
Nature and Scope
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior-level support personnel. Contributes to employee’s professional development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve desired outcomes. The course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor or direct “customers” of the process
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The employer does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coreandmain.com.