Website MYR Group
Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic|
|Location||Decatur, IL, United States|
MYR Group and its subsidiaries deliver the most notable electrical infrastructure and commercial and industrial projects. The company’s integrated solutions, extensive expertise, and comprehensive approach provide superior electrical construction services that drive strong project outcomes with exceptional customer service and value.
The company is hiring a Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic who will handle a shop by working on and maintaining a wide range of company vehicles and equipment.
This will be a union position. All candidates must be willing and able to sign on with the IBEW if hired.
- No, any special education is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma may be required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience on class 1 to class 8 chassis service and repairs.
- 3 to 5 years of experience on aerial equipment, insulated bucket trucks, digger derricks, and large mobile cranes (aerial certification training preferred)
- 3 to 5 years of experience on dirt equipment, backhoes, dozers and electrical placing equipment, overhead pullers, and tensioners
- 3 to 5 years of experience in hydraulic systems
- Constructing, maintaining, and testing mechanical equipment
- Performing preventative maintenance on electrical construction and transportation equipment
- Regular and predictable attendance
- The essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company designated office or field location
- Understand and comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
- Aerial lifts
- Boom trucks
- Bucket trucks
- Class 1 to 8 vehicles
- Construction equipment
- Digger derricks
- Dozers and other construction equipment
- Large mobile cranes
- Overhead pullers and tension machines
- Ability to pass a background, MVR, and federal drug screening
- Ability to use a wide range of personal hand tools
- Welding skills: stick, MIG, TIG, and gas preferred
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.myrgroup.com.