Website Commercial Metals Company
Machine Operator (Rebar) Job Highlights
|Title||Machine Operator – Rebar|
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
|Company||Commercial Metals Company|
Commercial Metals Company is a Fortune 500 company. The company serves as the backbone for an incredible array of highways, structures, and other steel projects.
The company is searching for a Machine Operator who will spend the day in an office cubicle, operating a crane or running the melt shop at one of the mills.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Possess a minimum 1 year of working with heavy industrial environment experience, preferred but not required
- Assist in loading fabricated rebar on trailers and unloading stock material from trailers
- Attend training regarding applicable equipment
- Cross-train on multiple machines
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition
- Operate production machines in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
- Operate rebar fabrication equipment, such as shears, benders, cranes, forklifts, threaders, forging, welders, etc.
- Participates in the CMC Safety Programs and proactively upholds the CMC Safety Culture
- Perform additional duties as needed
- Ability to operate fabrication machines in a safe manner without supervision
- Ability to operate forklift and overhead crane preferred
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, with a strong work ethic, pay attention to detail, and find root causes for issues
- Able and willing to cross-train as required
- Able to work overtime as business requires
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and verbal forms
- Follow OSHA, EPA, and company safety policies, rules, and regulations
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders and steps, work outside under all weather conditions when needed
- Must be able to read technical documents and service manuals
- Must be able to work outside under all weather conditions including working in the heat and cold weather
- Must be able to work overtime, either planned or unplanned for emergency situations
- Must possess the work ethic and ability to be punctual
- Possess a strong work ethic and practice safe working habits
- Possess knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the industrial field
- Stand for long periods of time
- Advancement opportunities
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Company-paid life and disability
- Competitive compensation
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
CMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cmc.com.